Weirdest thing happened to me

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/26/2005 3:36 pm
Ok, so I'm standing in one of my co-workers' office and we're discussing some upcoming work I've got ahead of me and I notice that she's got her radio playing classical music. It was audible enough that I could make out the string session but I wasn't able to catch the progressions so it, for lack of better say, sounded like nothing. Well, my mind took the string session for a ride and I began hearing my own little thing. So I'm standing there, hearing a great idea in my head, looking for a chance to make a break to some paper and a pen to write it down then it hits me, "...hey, this sounds familiar". So my thoughts start racing to think of who I'm ripping off and then it hits me again, "Oh god, this is my music". Turns out it was a solo from a song I wrote a while back that I was hearing as a string session instead of a guitar solo. So I then allowed myself to rest assured knowing that I didn't have to worry about losing the idea or ripping anyone off. But it was weird at the time. Thought I'd share that with you all.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/26/2005 3:53 pm
IT's always good to know your inspiration as a musician is from a good source.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
04/26/2005 9:32 pm
Did your co-worker say anything, or even notice the fact that your were completely zoned out...or are you just that good that you could pay attention to both?
1 Peter 2:16
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
04/27/2005 2:07 am
similar thing happened to me a while ago... except... I wrote something, and was playin it, and everyone kept telling me it was lord of the rings music... I eventually looked up the lord of the rings music... and found that in one part that they do sound very very similar (it's the rohan song in case you were wondering)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 4
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
04/27/2005 4:39 am
Kinda reminds me of this one time I was playing my own song....but started to space out while I was playing it, than thought the song sounded really familiar. Than I realized I really was/am retarded and shot myself in the foot.
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/27/2005 3:00 pm
Originally Posted by: crazywolfDid your co-worker say anything, or even notice the fact that your were completely zoned out...or are you just that good that you could pay attention to both?

Nah, they didn't think anything of it. I was so engrossed in trying to figure out what the tune was that I began to pull really concentrated faces. So they probably thought I was just paying close attention. In all actuality, I completely forget what the conversation was initially about.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 6
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
04/28/2005 3:54 am
Originally Posted by: crazywolfKinda reminds me of this one time I was playing my own song....but started to space out while I was playing it, than thought the song sounded really familiar. Than I realized I really was/am retarded and shot myself in the foot.

Did that solve the problem? No, violence is not the answer. You should have hugged yourself or something.

I had a friend who had their foot run over by a car (really irrelevant). I was like, geez that must have hurt. But it didn't apparently. I know if anyone ever ran over my foot, i'd cry. Even if it didn't hurt, its just the princible of the matter.

# 7
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
04/28/2005 4:34 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyDid that solve the problem? No, violence is not the answer. You should have hugged yourself or something.

I had a friend who had their foot run over by a car (really irrelevant). I was like, geez that must have hurt. But it didn't apparently. I know if anyone ever ran over my foot, i'd cry. Even if it didn't hurt, its just the princible of the matter.

You know what...I think it did do the trick.
And violence is not the answer, unless the question is "what is not the answer", than the answer is "violence", which is not the answer.................
# 8
ScottMoney
ScottMoney
04/28/2005 5:28 am
Originally Posted by: crazywolfAnd violence is not the answer, unless the question is "what is not the answer", than the answer is "violence", which is not the answer.................

:D HAHAHHAA
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
04/28/2005 6:23 am
Originally Posted by: crazywolfYou know what...I think it did do the trick.
And violence is not the answer, unless the question is "what is not the answer", than the answer is "violence", which is not the answer.................

oh come on... there are lots of cases where violence is the answer...

What is that movie rated PG-13 for?
Violence

What does gangsta rap promote?
Violence

How did this man die?
Violence

Why were older cartoons (bugs bunny, etc.) so great?

Violence

What is one thing that is really entertaining to watch?
Violence, as seen here! (it's in german, but you still learn a valuable lesson about forklift saftey with this safety video!)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 10
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/28/2005 12:39 pm
I am a proud sponsor of violence and all related fields. I listen to music based around violence. Seeing people get hurt rules and everyone knows it. It's just that only a portion of us admit it.

Hulk Smash!!

# 11
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
04/29/2005 1:23 am
Alright, I give up violence is the answer. I have no strong convictions! :)

# 12
ScottMoney
ScottMoney
04/29/2005 4:11 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs
Violence, as seen here! (it's in german, but you still learn a valuable lesson about forklift saftey with this safety video!)

it's like the autobon for forklifts
# 13
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
04/29/2005 4:44 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI am a proud sponsor of violence and all related fields. I listen to music based around violence. Seeing people get hurt rules and everyone knows it. It's just that only a portion of us admit it.

I don't use violence to to solve problems, but I like to fight. Not for any reason other than the huge adranylin rush you get from fighting. It is amazing!!!!!
# 14
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/29/2005 12:26 pm
Originally Posted by: crazywolfI don't use violence to to solve problems, but I like to fight. Not for any reason other than the huge adranylin rush you get from fighting. It is amazing!!!!!

I have actually never been in a fight.

Hulk Smash!!

# 15
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
04/30/2005 1:32 am
I was in a fight once...it`s not really an interesting story...just a random point of information, much like the point that started this thread...I lost the fight by the way, but in fairness, I was 12 and he was 13.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.