sg?

rockonn91
rockonn91
04/23/2005 9:18 pm
hey yall.

im a blues rocker whos lookin for somethin different from a strat. :cool: i love the sound of sgs. theyr so awsome. LONG LIVE ACDC BABY! sooo....

any of yall played the Epiphone 310?

should i just save up some more for a 400?

any help would be much appreciated :cool:
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
04/23/2005 10:21 pm
Actually what you should do is save up and buy a Gibson les Paul or high end Epi..or if you must have an SG, get the Epiphone Elite.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
bgmacaw
bgmacaw
04/24/2005 3:59 pm
I'd recommend against the 310 because the ones I've played have been disappointing. The 400's, with the set neck and a few other upgrades, have been better from what I've observed. I'd also suggest checking out the faded series Gibsons since they aren't that much more expensive.

Another recommendation if you're on a tight budget and aren't hung up on getting an authentic Gibson/Epiphone would be to look at other brands. There are several low cost SG-like guitars that beat the Epiphone on a price/quality ratio and are less expensive than the Gibson.
# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
04/24/2005 7:43 pm
Originally Posted by: bgmacaw
Another recommendation if you're on a tight budget and aren't hung up on getting an authentic Gibson/Epiphone would be to look at other brands. There are several low cost SG-like guitars that beat the Epiphone on a price/quality ratio and are less expensive than the Gibson.

yeah im def. on a buget. lol. only got a summer job at the pool and that dont have a great pay. :(

ive checked silvertones' rockit. its basically the same thing. but ive played it and i think epiphone's version is better. so i donno what ill do. ill probly save up a bit more and go for the Kramer. that looks pretty good.... ill see if they have any at music stores around here.

thanks for the help guys. :p
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4
ake
ake
04/25/2005 8:32 pm
Google Agile guitars. Iv'e never played one but their web site sure is impressive!!!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power;we will know peace" J. Hendrix
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/26/2005 2:42 pm
My experience with lower end SGs has been a dissapointing one in my opinion. I've handled the 310 before and found it to be uncomfortable and stiff. My best recommendation would be to find what you want and spend a bit more than you want to. Gets you a double whammy effect like that, you get a guitar that has higher expectations and you feel like you've earned it that much more. Of course, don't go putting yourself in the poor house, we've all got our priorities.... sadly.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 6
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/26/2005 5:21 pm
Originally Posted by: akeGoogle Agile guitars. Iv'e never played one but their web site sure is impressive!!!

Dude,they use to make the sweetest looking SG Supreme knock-off with the flamed maple and gold hardware.It looked EXactly like it too.

I remember it going for like $379 so it was one of agile's 'high end' models.
Try once,fail twice...
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.