Steinberger

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
04/18/2005 2:13 am
I just came across some Steinberger guitars recently, and am curious if anyone knows much about them or their sound. Allan Holdsworth has played them (and still does sometimes along with his Carvin), and it's pretty interesting to me, such a small, compact guitar. Any info?

~Incidents
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/18/2005 2:29 am
All I know is the Rabbi Steinberg...sorry, dude...

I didn't know he played a guitar other than that nutty carvin...
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/18/2005 3:47 am
[font=trebuchet ms]Headless Steinbergers aren't just for jazz. Johnny Winter used one for some of his screamin' Texas blues. They look very strange, but they sound OK. The balance is strange because there's nothing at the end of the neck, but they were well-made instruments.

Until Gibson bought them out, that is.[/font] :(
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
ake
ake
04/19/2005 1:43 am
I play a stineberger bass commonly refered to as a "criket bat." I have also played a 6stg. What I like about them is: they're light so you can jump around on stage and make a total fool of yourself, You can fall down and jump back up and It's still in tune, They have a short scale so my girlfriend can play it comfortably, they retain their value. light in weight.

What I dont like about them: Gibson owns the company so they are very expensive and they are going to stay expensive. Some people think they look goofy[so what!] replacement parts are very expensive and take forever to get from the factory.

If mine was stolen, i'd get another.
Try a Horner knock off; they're good too.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power;we will know peace" J. Hendrix
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.