mods for american strat

terroramanga
terroramanga
04/17/2005 7:15 pm
hey, i'm looking to mod my american series strat. Thinking of changing the pickups, and hot rodding it. I've never modded a guitar before and was wondering whether you people out there thought this was a gd idea. I play mostly any music but mainly blues, hard rock and metal. Thanks a lot people
# 1
terroramanga
terroramanga
04/18/2005 8:24 pm
thankyou so so much, that was really helpful. I think i'm going to get a mini humbucker on the bridge, and maybe get some fender noiseless for the mid and neck. I might also hot- rod it. thanks
# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/18/2005 9:54 pm
You might consider a custom pickgaurd(diamond plate would be sweet or marble).A new nut(brass or other high quality material).New Locking tuners.A new bridge(like a wilkinson or something).Scalloped frets if you like that kind of feel?

I'm not sure if thats hot rodding,but it wouldn't be a stock strat anymore.
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
04/18/2005 10:49 pm
http://www.guitarnuts.com/index.php

all kinds of wiring ideas, gaurenteed to meet your needs
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 4
aschleman
aschleman
04/27/2005 8:54 pm
Modding your guitar would be a great idea especially since you own a strat, probably the easiest guitar to hotrod. So, if you're looking for something different without dropping tons of money into a whole new guitar, check out the "Everything Axe" set from Seymour Duncan. It's a set of 3 strat-sized mini-humbuckers. They are direct replacements for your fender single-coils. So all you really need to do is print off a wiring diagram and solder the new ones in to place. The set is pretty expensive but if you're like me and only play in the neck or bridge position you can replace just one (depending on where you like to play). My friend put the set on his '57 reissue and it screams. Also, when "hotrodding" a strat you can look at some custom wiring tricks such as push/pull pots, kill switches, etc. When it comes to the looks of the guitar, that's the easy part... just do what you want. I recently made-over my first strat by wrapping the pickgaurd in duct-tape and covering the body with old ticket stubs... But before all that I took the electronics out and set the body on fire... haha. That's a bit extreme but like I say, whatever works for YOU. Good luck with it man
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.