gigs

Joe03
Joe03
04/14/2005 10:18 pm
i want to start doin gigs in bars and places that have bands play, and i need some cash and i was wonderin how much you guys get paid for playin in some bars and such.

thanks,
Joe
# 1
pentatonic
pentatonic
04/17/2005 8:12 pm
It really all depends. Take for instance here in Helena Montana. We can get maybe a couple hundred dollars a gig at the local bar scene. Or maybe at receptions you can get around $500.00. But most of the time we were lucky to play anywhere. It is a very conservative town. We have had people ask us to play for free, or free well drinks.So, it came down to what we really wanted to do and that was to play, so we play when we can, with the knowledge that there might not be any money involved, but we do get to get out there and play, and that has become the main focus for us. It really depends on your priorities man. You might have to develop the mindset that to play is where it is at, anything after that is just cake! ;)
# 2
rockonman
rockonman
04/20/2005 7:43 am
This is really how it should be anyway...always keep the fire man...Metal for Ever!...'er well actually...Guitar for Ever.........'er then again..........Music for Ever!
"Live your life while you have it. A life not lived is a life wasted, and a life wasted is unforgivable."
Tyler Wilkins
Feb 2003
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.