View post (80's Metal Bands!!!)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
04/13/2001 2:34 am
Hair banfds, or whatever you guys wan't to call them, you can;t deny that a hand ful of these guys could really play their instruments well. With their overall image alot of people have blown everything way out of proportion, the eighties wasn't all about competition and conforming to the idea of what was considered acceptable, it was about string guitar playing. There were really alot of bands around that time that I'm sure alot of us will never forget, but who was your favorite, (which band from this time were you totally obsessed with?) [/i]

I was huge fan of [b]White Lion
, and I still am, I can't help wondering what happened to Vito Bratta, this guy inspired me in more ways than one. His playing was so outragious, and all his own, Lady Of The Valley its such a great song, and I always appreciated the rather intelligent approach this band took with every record. If you ask me, they created their own rules, and in a way wen't a little bit against what was deemed acceptable, where toward the end Vito incorporated some of his blues influences into his playing. I was devastated when this band broke up, and I'm even more upset with the fact that I haven't heard of them since. They were a great innovative rock band...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."