Chords

garthio
garthio
04/12/2005 4:49 am
Hey guys i just picked up a guitar yesterday and i need to know where to start.
Some of my friends tell me to start with chords. is this correct? If so do you have any sugestions on how to learn them. any exercises to learn chords.
I would truly appriciate any help you guy can give me
Thx
R.I.P Dimebag
You Will Never Be Forgotten
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/12/2005 7:51 pm
chords is a good way to start, use the search button for lessons. another way to kick it off is practicing scales to develop a feel for the guitar and for developling speed, just remember to practice everyday if possible and take it easy when you do. If you get frustrated, put it down for a min then start again slowly. your fingers will hurt for the first week or two, but it doesn't take hulk force to keep the chords down, you will need callouses to hold down more spaced chords and barre chords. remember that rome wasn't built in 1 day. it will take time to play well, don't be mad if you mess up or can't do something, just keep practicing and you'll get it down. it wouldn't hurt to learn a new riff every now and then, but dont resort to learning riffs, a beginner should only dedicate like 20%(as someone else said) of the time to learn new riffs. Any other help, just use the search button or just post a thread here, the forum will help a lot, use it. also, you should think about high bandwidth, there are a lot of videos you can use to help you all along the way. by the way, what kinda guitar did you get? Gl
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/12/2005 8:04 pm
Check out the beginners lessons here at GT.

Click the pick at the top left of this page and then click "beginners" in the red bar.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
garthio
garthio
04/13/2005 12:54 am
Thanks both of you for your help.
Im playing an electric 6 string. once i get to an ok skill level with this i want to pick up a bass and learn that. But some people are telling me its much easier to learn the bass with some guitar skills so i did it. but i could also use the 6 string to play solos and all that so its a good idea.
thanks again both of you
R.I.P Dimebag
You Will Never Be Forgotten
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.