Is there such a thing?

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/10/2005 11:54 pm
I'm looking for: something that i can just hook up to the amp alone, record onto it, then run a plug from that to my pc to transfer the music without putting a big program on my pc. Is there any other easier way to record and put onto a pc without a big program? I'm asuming a mic would sound really crappy.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/11/2005 1:03 am
Im not really sure what you are asking for however check out the korg D1200. No need for a PC at al !

Or if you want to expand into Midi / more plug ins at a later date you can use the D1200 to do your tracking (or sell it) and transfer stuff over to the PC.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Grenade_Jumper
Grenade_Jumper
04/11/2005 7:23 am
I know when I first began recording things I ran the tape-out's (RCA) from my amp to a little converter I got at Radio Shack, then into my soundcard. The converter was a 1/8th inch to dual-RCA jacks...shaped like a Y... anyway, I used (and still do use) Audacity which is only 2 Mb. and really easy. Plus its free and has lots of effects things like EQ's and noise removal.
The downside of using this is that the noise level on many OEM soundcards is horrible, especially the on-mobo chipsets that most fo your Dells, Gateways, etc. have standard. Laptops tend to be even worse.
Don't get too discouraged if its noisy, it makes for a great sketch-pad type tool, where you can just record your sound for $4 and a free download.
Thats all I have, hope it helps since this is my first post here.
-="Excuse me, but I rather like being a nerd."=-
,-""-. .-""-.
/ \/ \
( )
\ / /
\ / /
`. ', ,'
`. ','
`.,',
',
_-'--__
'._____.'

-="My heart bleeds like a whiny emo kid"=-
# 3
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/11/2005 3:21 pm
Sound like a gnx4 may be your kind of thing.The best 'all in one' solution.Hit up ebay for one.
Try once,fail twice...
# 4
LordThrash
LordThrash
04/18/2005 3:09 pm
Woa Woa hang on, to be honest, programs like Audacity and N Track Studio hardly take up any of your hard drive :confused:
And you simply need a lineout from your amp to your computer and you are away....Thats the simplest way of home recording... :cool:
www.soundclick.com/thearchville :eek:
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.