View post (New Amp With Budget Take a Look)

View thread

scott
Guitar Tricks Instructor
scott
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/12/2005 8:37 pm
I know I may get flamed for this, but I only endorse gear that I own or have tried extensively... I just picked up a Behringer V-tone GMX210 for 199.00USD out the door from my local GC (they matched Music123's price).

I know that there are people who are going to say that they don't like Behringer, but in this particular situation, this was the best deal I could imagine. I needed another amp for my students to plug in to. Before the Behringer I had a Peavey Ultra 410 and a Hughes & Kettner Triamp 1/2 stack. Both are tubed, so I like to keep both relatively low on hours (and wankers).

Granted, the amp has a few shortcomings, mainly in the volume section. Tone-wise, I have found that I enjoy recording with it line in to my gear.

Bottom line, it may not be as fully featured as some of the other modeling amps out there, but the tone and features are incredible at a 200 dollar price point. Would I pay $500USD for it? No... not worth that, but for a budget practice amp, I think it really does a nice job.

I just used it to record a goofy little blues riff thing for the Listening Post in these forums... Click here for my dmusic artist page to check out the song

Listen to the guitar tone on here... that is the Behringer GMX210 going mono line in to the mixer, straight into Sonar. I think I added a tiny hint of verb to the final mix and that's it...

Just my $0.02 :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scott Evans :cool:
Guitartricks.com instructor
Scott's Guitar Tricks
scott@guitartricks.com
scotriani*at*gmail*dot*com