Added a new song

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/07/2005 10:25 pm
I just added a new song to my soundclick page if anybody want's to check it out. It's "XXX Mic Test 1". I was basically just testing out micing my Peavey Triple XXX head. There's no solo's or anything fancy, just a straight song. Leave a comment if you like, or not, doesn't really matter. I just thought I'd share it with ya'll. Click on the link in my signature to go to the song page.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/07/2005 11:35 pm
Yer man I haven't forgotten Im just still waiting for that new preamp !

Bloody 8thstreet !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/07/2005 11:47 pm
I hate to hear about that. I don't think I'm going to deal with 8thstreet again!

I don't think the recording turned out too terrible. I played with the eq and whatnot a little, which helped out some. I still can't capture the sound that I hear in the room, even putting my ear close to where the mic is (ouch!) it still doesn't sound right. I'm going to hold off for a while from doing any mic recording's until I can get my room set up. So, until then, I'm going to try to work on my playing some. The Tascam came in real handy the other day. I was in my music room playing my acoustic, and came up with this really cool progression. So, I set the mic up and recorded it (acoustic sounds great in that room). Then on playback I got really inspired with some leadwork, and surprisingly, it turned out pretty good. It defanately needs some polishing and refining, but surprised myself with it. Good thing I had the Tascam going, or I probably wouldn't remember what I was playing.

Back to the song... What do you think could be done to make the clean to dirty transition sound better? To me it sound's like something is missing, especially when the clean drops out. Do the dirty guitar's sound too far away, or are they simply eq'd wrong?

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/08/2005 12:27 am
Yeha man that is nice.

Id try and tighten up the dirty channel
I think id either not use so much distortion or use a tighter sound. You could try a double track of a not so distorted sound and EQ to tighten it up.

To be honest Id stick with Mr Pod. You know the Sondano X88 presets I was on about, that is may be a little heavy but that is what Id use !!

Id also mix the two guitars further in and make the transition by just sliding the faders up and down. You could even try routing them on the same bus and sticking some light compression on them.

Good job, I enjoyed listening to it !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
04/08/2005 12:34 am
The sound was pretty cool and I liked the song also
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/08/2005 2:39 am
just updated it with better eq'ing.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.