Has anyone noticed...

Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
04/07/2005 2:09 am
That there's been a lot of negativity around here lately. I don't get it. Everytime a thread starts about a certain type of music or a certain artist, it always comes to just bashing on artists and genres. Everyone always talks the same smack about the same bands? Why waste time rambling on about sh*t that you don't like anyways. It's one thing when it's an intelligent discussion but lately it hasnt been. Saying "i hope so and so dies in a car crash" or "so and so shouldn't be allowed near a guitar" is just lame. I've come to realize that this forum has a lot to offer, but most of the posts are in the "open discussion" and have nothing to do with guitars :confused: . Sorry, i just had to get it out.

Tonight I'll be at the Slipknot concert in Phoenix. So for the naysayers out there who think I should die and go to hell for liking Slipknot, I'll see ya'll there :cool:
# 1
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
04/07/2005 2:29 am
Kind of ironic that this is a negative thread... no offense just cats my dogs.

Anyways, open discussion is reserved for non-guitar things or guitar things that are just like woah no thread for this. So... if you don't want to read something, don't. And if someone disses a band you like, who cares. I mean the whole thing about having opinions is so you can "I like" or "don't like". I tend not to enter threads that involve opinions, because I don't really care what most people think (that sounded more bitch then I intended it to you).

So in a way I see your point, but then again I really just don't care what you think. Just kidding (sort of). :rolleyes:

# 2
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
04/07/2005 4:36 am
There has been a little bit of negativity, shouledwe turn this into a postive thread? :)

I Love little puppies, and summer, and words that start with the letter M like maracas, and ducks playing in my pool, and soft cuddly things.
Everyone have a fantabouls day!!!! :)
1 Peter 2:16
# 3
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/07/2005 4:46 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709Tonight I'll be at the Slipknot concert in Phoenix. So for the naysayers out there who think I should die and go to hell for liking Slipknot, I'll see ya'll there :cool:

Enjoy the show... :confused:

Sounds like you took something somebody said way too personally...
If a threads name is "who pisses you off" then its obvious people are going to vent off opinions that are considerd negative by some others.

I don't find opinions 'negative' since what I'm comparing it too what I consider 'positive' and true,and my view/perspective could be right or wrong.
Try once,fail twice...
# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
04/07/2005 5:04 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709That there's been a lot of negativity around here lately. I don't get it. Everytime a thread starts about a certain type of music or a certain artist, it always comes to just bashing on artists and genres.

Come on man, you've been on these boards long enough to know how this **** works. It's just the nature of the beast that is guitartricks.com
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/07/2005 1:04 pm
There wasn't any negativity on that Beatles thread that flew by. Sure no one posted on it, but still it was untainted. Also, the "so, who likes polka" thread didn't bring any negativity (don't think so anyway). Who could be angry about polka? Don't answer, that's a rhetorical question.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 6
SPL
SPL
04/07/2005 2:35 pm
It's best just to try and ignore threads like that. I've noticed and I've commented on it before, but you will never get a "now I think of it, that IS quite a waste of time and energy". What you WILL get is "if you don't like it, don't read it!"

Ya gotta think, if that kind of thing really does piss them off, what else can you do but laugh (whether is from amusement or pity).
# 7
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/08/2005 3:43 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraIt's ok to discuss different views and voice different opinions, it's just when someone gets worked up and kicks off.

Kicks off or gets kicked off?
Try once,fail twice...
# 8
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
04/08/2005 9:46 pm
I like it when someone gets kicked off that really deserved it. :D

I get sad when someone who used to show up all the time doesn't anymore. Like lalimacefolle and sambob. :(
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/08/2005 10:23 pm
Are you implying you'd be sad if I left?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.