Cts

7-stringer
7-stringer
04/02/2005 1:26 am
About 5 months ago I had CTS (Carpel Tunnel Syndrome) and the most intense part of it lasted about 2 months and it started tapering off for the duration of the next two months but still affected my playing considerabley and during the last month it was pretty much completley gone I could play with no feeling of it, I could do push ups as well (that was a milestone for letting me know it was doing better.) but the for the past week or so it seems I've been having a little bit of a recoil of it.Anyone else ever have CTS if so how long did it last? it sucks man, the pain changes places too, one day it may be in my wrist and the next it might be in my thumb or any other part of my hand.
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/02/2005 2:18 am
I don't know, I've never had cps.

On a semi-related note I found out a couple days ago there's a nerve in your hand that, when pressed too hard, completely disables your elbow and everything below it for over 15 minutes. It hurts a lot.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/02/2005 2:21 am
My Carpal Tunnels give me all kinds of problems if I'm not mindful of what I do and how I do it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/02/2005 2:51 am
I think I may have had it before...playing in the cold too much,I had to strain to simply do a powerchord...eventually it began to hurt when not playing.That was years ago though.

Best thing to do is run your hands under hot water for a little while(throw some soap on too,so your guitar dosn't get grimy)and warm up properly.If your doing something and it hurts DON'T work through the pain,take it easy and relax your hand.

Theres something for everyone out there....writers cramp,tennis elbow e.c.t.You just have to take precaution and know when your body says enough is enough.
Try once,fail twice...
# 4
ronman007
ronman007
12/20/2005 12:31 am
hi this is a topic i want to research cause for one i've been a data entry processor for about 3 years which means i do alot of typing. about 6 months ago i took up guitar playing and i've always had a big work ethic but i only get to practice about 1 hour a day considering work and family. i want to start a band but about 2 months ago i started getting weaker in my wrists and sometimes it aches. i must be overdoing it i want to get good but it seems to be getting worse. anyone have a clue whats going on considering my job and everything. any input appreciated
Thanks ronman007
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.