View post (Getting Over Nervousness)

View thread

jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
04/12/2001 6:59 am
Yeah man, your nerves can be a tough thing to handle. Whenever i play in front of a huge crowd (like 150+ like 3 times a year at my old highschool's band concerts) i do try to move around the stage a lot so i doesn't look like i'm nervously anchored to the floor or just look at the people in the crowd. And if they are feeling what i'm playing i'm less nervous. The last concert i played in which was like a month and a half ago, i wasn't the least bit nervous. I went home so proud, i was like telling myself that this is what i'm supposed to be doing and why i've been put here on earth.

I know that feeling Fender, when you're playing and you can't feel your hands, your heart beating outta your chest, every note is tense and hands are tight and you get the feeling that your gonna fret a note so hard that you'll snap the neck lol, or a really big bend that almost makes your knees buckle and you fall down. The more you play in front of others the nervousness will go away. I also give myself a peptalk before playing, lol. It works!!
"Take my hand boss"