"Subtle Denial"

rockonman
rockonman
04/01/2005 8:46 am
OK guys, here is me and my friend Chuck...both guitarists by the way...jamming a song we wrote called Subtle Denial. I hope you'll over look my poor attempt at screaming, and the drums (they were done with fruity loops after the fact). Since neither of us are independantly weathly we were using low end recording equipment/software, and free mixing software. Be brutally honest. Here it is: http://www.mixposure.com/song.php?songid=7021
"Live your life while you have it. A life not lived is a life wasted, and a life wasted is unforgivable."
Tyler Wilkins
Feb 2003
# 1
rockonman
rockonman
04/08/2005 6:29 pm
Guys we really need some help/advice please listen to and critique this song for us...like i said i know the vocals are sh!t, because i did em and my voice sux. I also know the recording, editing, and mixing are a$$. That is cuz we are poor college students who are making due with inadequate gear and who are inexperienced...please guys help us out with the musical part.
"Live your life while you have it. A life not lived is a life wasted, and a life wasted is unforgivable."
Tyler Wilkins
Feb 2003
# 2
BMG_SKULK
BMG_SKULK
04/09/2005 6:40 am
Really hard to tell instrument wise what you guys are doing.

If you have the track without any vox, I could tell more about it.

It sounds like there is a slight...(pretty big actually)
case of mis-timing. (Out of time...)
Sample of my music ETHEREAL
ALL MY MUSIC SOUNDS BEST...WITH SOME GOOD PHONES, AND PLAYED REALLY LOUD!!!!!!!!!

Try POWER DVD or a real piece of software.
WMP, Realplayer, and those little things kill...recordings...muffle them..take away the stereo field.
# 3
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/09/2005 6:48 pm
Originally Posted by: BMG_SKULKIt sounds like there is a slight...(pretty big actually)
case of mis-timing. (Out of time...)

Yeah, was the guitarist listening to the drums and the vocalist listening to either? Because if so, you guys should probably work on your rhythm...same with the lead guitar.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.