1 Fave Song and Why!!!

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
04/10/2001 4:15 pm
My Favourite is probably Estranged, althought i go through phases, i used to like Coma, November Rain, Sweet Child also by GnR, then Aerosmith ones like Cryin, Livin On The Edge and Toys.
I like Estranged so much cos it just flows, from one part to another, the guitar stuff at the beginning is awesome, then the piano part, then the Solo, dolphin noises then final solo. Its all so amazing!! Plus the lyrics are so true!! What about the dolphin noises slash does!! theyre so cool, i play em on my guitar to sooth myself!!
If you havent heard this song then get it!!

Later Axl
# 1
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/10/2001 9:28 pm
Yeah I have heard the songbut its not my favourite gnr by a long way. I prefer Sweet Child O Mine and Civil War. My favourite song is Stairway To Heaven because its got the best intro, the best lyrics and the best solo in any song. I dont think i need to say anymore. I also like Parisienne Walkwyas by Gray Moore. Its a different kind of song Blues song. Beautiful.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 2
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
04/10/2001 10:41 pm
it's hard to pick one..
but rock'n'roll is a good choice
it has that feeling in this song..
makes me kinda sheever and i'm always can stop myself from gettin' it too loud on the solo part :)

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 3
Fender Man
Fender Man
04/10/2001 11:10 pm
Favorite Guns 'n Roses song has to be Civil War. Rockin' song. "You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand, When everybodies fighting for the promise land." So true. I can put that song on repeat and I love it everytime. But my favorite would probably be Little Wing, It so laid back and constructed wonderfully. But Voodoo Chile (slight return) has the punch a rock 'n' roll song with a good solo. Those two were by Hendrix. Anyway on to Zeppelin. "Since I've been loving you" got a great blues feel. With true lyrics, that's the way I feel sometimes. Ya know? But can't forget about the feel good attitude of "The Lemon Song" or the riff in "Heartbreaker" Zeppelin just rocked all the way around. I can't type all the song by them I like, they all rocked.
Zeppelin forever
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix
# 4
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
04/13/2001 3:09 am
for me i has to be stairway to heaven. there is no greater song and its' one of the reasons i play guitar. it builds to the ultimate climax with one of the greatest solos ever. i once listened to it for ten hours straight. (it was on a long car trip). anyways, its the best song, nothing compares!
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 5
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
04/13/2001 6:12 am
Since i've been loving you is a great song
really great guitar playing there and when i firsr heard it i was in shock because i saw how great page was..
but the lyrics sucks , at least in my opinion,

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 6
Fender Man
Fender Man
04/13/2001 2:29 pm
How can you say the lyrics to "Since I've Been Loving You" suck? That's just wrong. He saying that since He's been loving his girlfriend his life has been a drag. Gotta love that.

[Edited by Fender Man on 04-13-2001 at 10:31 AM]
-Jimi Hendrix
# 7
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/13/2001 8:45 pm
No the lyrics on since Ive been lovin you are pretty ****. Other Zeppelin lyrics are better I reckon like Stairway to Heaven (everything about that song is great) and The Battle of Evermore. But Zeppelin were mostly music based (Babe Im Gonna Leave You, Whole Lotta Love) and the singing isnt really lyric based idf you know what I mean. Thers alot of repeated lyrics (Babe Im Gonna Leave You). Plant solo stuff was more lyric based.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 8
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
04/14/2001 7:16 pm
Speaking of since i've been loving you..
did anyone see the movie of led zeppelin, "the song remains the same"?
there is a really great improvisation by page on this one
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 9
zepo
zepo
04/14/2001 7:50 pm
"Hey hey what can I do I've gotta woman that won't be true"....sounds familiar, yes the song remains the same greatest movie that is in a concert/fantasy based setting. About Mr. Plant if you've ever heard the BBC sessions then you know he is pretty damn good at improv lyrics. His favorite lyric to add in during songs is a(n) line from the Lemon Song "squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg, squeeze it so hard I fall right out of bed" only a great lyricsist could come up with that one, which is why Zep rules.
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."
# 10
Fender Man
Fender Man
04/16/2001 4:20 pm
Right, Zepo

Remember Zeppelin Forever
-Jimi Hendrix
# 11
stratman42
stratman42
04/17/2001 6:52 pm
It has to be Stairway to Heaven, without a doubt. One of the reasons i first picked up an ax. Such a mixture of styles, the best acoustic riff ever written and brilliant heavier bits and solos. The lyrics are decent too.

However, i have to say the lyrics aren't my favourite. i'm a lyricist myself, so lyrics mean a lot to me. Don't get me wrong, Stairway lyrics are good, but i prefer Manics, Pink Floyd and Sabbath, for instance Crazy diamond, Little baby nothing (Manics - early), Sabbath Bloody Sabbth or War Pigs. And all the lyrics from the wall. The whole concept was brilliant.

I also like Iron Maiden, but the lyrics are a let down. You can't relate to them, and though there are exceptions, i do think thats extremely important in a song.

As well as those i generaaly like songs by Metallica, Bon Jovi and Hendrix, to name but a few.

Yngwie Malmsteen is like God, only Swedish
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 12
The Ferret
The Ferret
04/18/2001 8:26 pm
Like the ad says: Lyrics. The wasted time between solos.;)

How can you guys pick just one song?

My favorite song, and it's hard to pick it out because the whole album flows from one song into the next, is "I Can't Feel Nothin'" by Captain Beyond on the album of the same name. Nothing but excellent riff after riff, interspersed with some tastful solos. IMHO that whole album still rocks even after 22 years. It's all about the guitar.

I also like "Topaz" by Journey. Shows Neal Schon at his finest. Quiet, tasteful, but also aggressive and loud. Starts off soft, builds to a wild fevers pitch, then becomes soft again. And best of all, no lyrics to get in the way!;)
# 13
Dr. Saturno
Dr. Saturno
04/25/2001 6:58 pm
I´m not sure, but one of the greates songs that I´ve never heard is "Bohemian Rhapsody". It broke my head. And another backbreaker song is "For the love of God" (Steve Vai), how the hell a human being can play that way?

Lyrics: the wasted time between solos (... but not always)

The Doctor
# 14
sleek102
sleek102
05/04/2001 11:05 am
Well I don't really have 1 all time favourite song...But anyways I love these songs: November Rain and Sweet Child O' Mine by GnR...And Fade To Black and One by Metallica
# 15
Crazy Karen
Crazy Karen
05/25/2001 5:57 am
Here's a list:

estranged, don't cry and get in the ring - GnR
holier than thou and don't tread on me - Metallica
wunderlust - megadeath
and a few Zakk Wylde songs that I don't know the names to, but number 4,5,6 and 9 from Book of Shadows Album. Especially 9 dedicated to my ex!

IS WHAT HORSES EAT?
# 16
Joepooch
Joepooch
05/25/2001 6:28 pm
Goodbye to Romance .. personally i love the Randy Rhoads Tribute versio.. it is a amazing song and on the tribute album it shows you how randy is even better live than in the studio! this song holds such emotion to me and its a wonderful song. LONG LIVE RANDY RHOADS!!
joe walker
# 17
Kirk Hammett is God
Kirk Hammett is God
05/26/2001 12:29 am
1. Fade to Black and Don't Tread On Me by Metallica

2. I'm Broken by Pantera

3. Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix

4. Desire by Slayer

5. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

6. When the Levee Breaks and Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin

7. Back in Black and Thunderstruck by ACDC

8. Cowboys From Hell by Pantera

9. The Wind Cries Mary by Jimi Hendrix

10. Every other Metallica song
MYK
# 18
Martin Spaans
Martin Spaans
05/29/2001 8:21 am
Pink Floyd : Comfortably numb
Rush : la Villa Strangiato

There are solos in the songs I listened a lot, it keeps me awake when i had to work at night. Before working at night I played it really loud. These solo's sound great. There build up to a climaxe. There are much more solo's only these i still play after 20 years.

# 19
overdrive
overdrive
05/30/2001 11:13 pm
My favorite song would have to be either No more tears by Ozzy Osbourne or Knockin on Heavens doors by Guns n' Roses.
They are altimate!
Bubbachuck
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.