Working Away

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/22/2005 5:17 pm
How difficult is it to work away from home?

Ive got this job offer, the training for it is in London though, thats about 900 miles away from where I live in Scotland. Its only for 3 weeks but I cant decide whether or not to take it. I can imagine myself being a big girl and falling apart after a matter of days away :(

You guys ever had something like this? I guess its kinda like goin on holiday... accept it wont be fun!
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/22/2005 6:56 pm
If I was you, I'd jump on that in an instant.

I spent a little over two years living and working in Louisiana (which is about 1,600 miles from "home") and so far, it's the best time I've had in my life.

Broader horizons have never hurt anybody.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
ake
ake
03/22/2005 7:09 pm
This could be your big break. Who knows who you might meet. Whats the worst that could happen. Wish someone would invite me to spend time in London. Damn I wish someone would invite me to spend some time in Texas.
Peace my brothers and sisters!!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power;we will know peace" J. Hendrix
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/22/2005 8:43 pm
If it is any conciliation I work 4000 miles from home !

Funny thing is I can still get Newcastle Brown down at the local, all be it is a half pint bottle !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/22/2005 9:36 pm
Ive been to london before I guess. I'll have to just treat it like it is, a training camp for 3 weeks. Im still kinda worried.

The second interview Ill get soon involves a presentation :( I suck at public speaking tho :rolleyes:
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/22/2005 11:04 pm
Originally Posted by: akeThis could be your big break. Who knows who you might meet. Whats the worst that could happen. Wish someone would invite me to spend time in London. Damn I wish someone would invite me to spend some time in Texas.
Peace my brothers and sisters!!

I went to Texas about a few weeks ago. Business trip. I also get to go to Vegas and Hilton Head. And just so I don't post topic changing stuff. Public speaking sucks. The travelling isn't that bad. I was away for a week in Texas. I was nervous at first, but after I got going it was really fun... even if I was sitting in front of one computer from 6 in the morning to 1 in the next morning. The food was good too. The hotel's restaraunt? Best part. Never have I been so pampered. The waiters seated me by pulling my chair out for me and pushing me in to the table. And it gets better, after that they took the napkin off the table and laid it ON MY LAP FOR ME. I was a king. So what'd I do then? Simple. I ordered a $28 potato and a $32 steak. All paid for by the company. Which reminds me. The company's paying for your room and board right? Food? If they're paying for it then jump on it like a hooker on her first day on the job.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.