View post (Line6 PODxt)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
12/25/2005 3:18 pm
I've found that you either love the PODxt or you hate it... I'm one of those that hates it. I'm a bit of a tone junky and to my ear POD gear just doesn't sound like the real thing... kind of like it skims the surface and gets a rough approximation but leaves all of the good stuff behind.

That said, I take your point and agree, it is a good piece of gear for home recording but it can be very difficult to get close to your ideal tone... you will get close or maybe even create something that sounds good but in my experience I only found it usefull for clean sounds. Then again, I have a specific tone requirement... it all depends on the sound you are looking for.

One other pet hate I have about it is... it won't work via USB on PC's with the latest chip sets (static noise and white noise bursts make it impossible tp record or play anything). I emailed Line6 about this and they replied saying it was a known problem with the PODxt. Their advice was to get an outboard soundcard and plug up via 1/4 inch cables... not good enough considering it is advertised as a USB compliant piece of hardware.

I'm not trying to diss the thread, just wanted to add an opinion from a POD hater to balance things out a bit!!! As I said, you either love it or hate it, I'm probably in the minority but I can't stand the PODxt!!!!

:-)