Rock 'n Roll hall of fame inductions (I just like the Technique/Style Room :P)

ScottMoney
ScottMoney
03/21/2005 2:16 pm
Right on CW14...

Anyone see the Rock 'n Roll hall of fame inductions on VH1 lately (hard not to, they play it nonstop now) where U2 got inducted. Pretty sweet stuff to see Buddy Guy, BB King, & Eric Clapton jam again. Bono said something that really hit me. He said somewhere along the lines of "There would never be a U2 in today's industry." He's so right. The music industry has some tough battles to fight ahead of them. The quality of music put out has really declined over the past 20 years or so, wouldn't you agree?
# 1
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/21/2005 11:22 pm
I wouldnt say its declined...

What about Velvet REvolver!! :D
# 2
ScottMoney
ScottMoney
03/22/2005 1:00 am
man.... i just don't know what to say to that (actually i do :p). there are some really creative modern artists but the industry isn't producing like it used to. I'll use the Eagles as an example, they were mainstream back in their day. everyone loved them. they were popular, yet they wrote great music. today, popular bands are like good charlotte or whatever. bands that come up with some catchy lyrics or riffs but not really anything creative (not to mention the overuse of power chords instead of a creative rhythm). my question is this: why can't the industry produce good creative music that everyone likes? is the problem the demand for music. would more people rather see a good charlotte than an Eagles?
# 3
ncreb
ncreb
03/22/2005 3:33 am
I know exactly what your talking about the way I see it you got Led Zeppelin, Skynyrd, Eagles etc. they made music 20-30 years ago they were hits there still hits today. Ok todays music if you think about will you hear Good Charlotte and other bands 20 years from now i don't think you will. Thats my opinion theres nothing left to impact from music today.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.