Favorite Songwriting Guitarist

Fender Man
Fender Man
04/08/2001 1:57 am
Now we all know that there is more to playing guitar than just playing. There is also songwriting which is an important quality of a good guitarist. There were many great songwriters, just to name a few-Jimi Hendrix-who wrote amazing music in only 4 short years, Iommi-amazing riff writer, Hetfield & Hammet-amazing duet, what more can I say, Slash-who continued to write rock 'n' roll tunes that remined us that Page and Beck formed rock 'n' roll, not Bach and Paghoni (or however you spell his name), Jimmy Page-leader of Zeppelin who continued to write amazing pieces of music, Stevie Ray Vaughan-who re-defined the blues. That is just a few. Just wanted to hear from you guys, who your favorite is?
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
04/08/2001 5:17 am
there is hendrix, page, and clapton, there's also brian may, izzy stradlin (wrote most of guns n roses songs), neal peart (ok he's not a guitarist but his songs are amazing), there's many others as well
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/08/2001 10:02 pm
Ritchie Blackmore
Jimmy Page
Pete Townshend
Gary Moore
Rory Gallagher

www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 3
chris mascarenas
chris mascarenas
04/28/2001 10:24 am
guess you forgot one of the most melodic philisophical songewriters that ever lived John Lennon the first person to use feedback on a record (i feel fine)and he can play one hell of a epi.
# 4
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/29/2001 9:49 pm
Originally posted by chris mascarenas
guess you forgot one of the most melodic philisophical songewriters that ever lived John Lennon the first person to use feedback on a record (i feel fine)and he can play one hell of a epi.

Fraid not - Kinks You Really Got me was the first.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 5
Joepooch
Joepooch
05/23/2001 7:29 pm
Randy Rhoads... no explination needed
joe walker
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.