View post (Happy Saint Patricks day peeps...)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/19/2005 6:08 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavidI'd chose the former. The most you can do with the former is add humus to God's green grass. But the latter's consequences scare me, and for good reason. If you'd like to know why, just look for a map of the world depicting HIV prevalencew by colours, and look at Sub Saharan Africa's colour, and then read the key to see what the colour means.
Wanna know what I think about condom adverts?
What makers and marketers of condoms basically do is first encourage you to get into a gunfight, and then offer to sell you [u]bullet proof vests[/u]. :rolleyes:
Sure, they'll tell you a bunch of crap about HIV and AIDS, but they follow that up with people having a good time, and the sex that follows is depicted as a logical conclusion of the nights events.
And they have the guts to urge people to abstain :mad:
You'd think they actually mean it. How are they going to make money if people abstain? How are they going to make money if peole stick to one partner. You won't need condoms if you don't **** around!!!

While I haven't seen how condoms are marketed in your neck of the woods, I can tell you that as a person who is not yet ready to be a father, condoms have so far been invaluble to me even though I've only been in long term relationships.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons