View post (MY GUITAR IS GENTLY WEEPING!)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
04/07/2001 1:46 am
Well, personally Ide recomend that you learn on acoustic before anything else, because its much harder than most people think to get an electric guitar to sound really good (muting enough strings during the process.) I think its great to learn how to play on a acoustic because it gives you a better feel for the instrument where you aren't only focusing on distortion. Don't get me wrong I love playing with distortion, but its safe to say that alot of young guitarists tend to hide behind their distortion to make up for the knowledge that they lack from a very early stage, and sometimes it doesn't get much better as the years progress, (that is unless you're familiar with vertical growth, whicxh is another story.) Its great to build a string will for technique, instead of worrying about whwther or not your guitar is loud enough, (believe me its worth it as the years progress.)

With tutoring lessons, sure its great if you feel you're stuck in a jam where you aren't getting anywhere by yourself, and its always better to play with a friend. But try not to get too attached to your teacher where you're afraid to expand your creativity on your own...

h yeah, and I haven't seen anyone who can replace Stevie Ray Vaughan, someone with the same amount of intensity whos unafraid to hit a nerve. If you ask me Kenny Wayne Sheppard is a bit shaky, but still I think hes very good.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."