Getting Frustrated!!

spiritinthesky2
High Bandwidth
spiritinthesky2
High Bandwidth
03/08/2005 4:30 am
Ok, So I know some chords and a bunch of riffs but I can't seem to put it all together. Even playing with the tracks in the Jam section of the site I just cant seem to bring it together. I know I've only been playing for about 9 months but I was hoping to at least kinda sound like I was playing music by now, Instead of just a bunch of broken up chords and riffs.
Any suggestions?
[FONT=Arial]Champane taste and caviar dreams will leave you broke every time![/FONT] :cool:
# 1
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
03/08/2005 4:33 am
Just keep at it. There's no other way. You're just paying your dues until you graduate to the next level. You get out of it what you put into it.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 2
spiritinthesky2
High Bandwidth
spiritinthesky2
High Bandwidth
03/08/2005 4:37 am
Originally Posted by: LeedoggJust keep at it. There's no other way. You're just paying your dues until you graduate to the next level. You get out of it what you put into it.

Oh, I'll definately keep at it. I'm not one to give up so easily. It just gets frustrating as hell sometimes,especially when at time I seem to grow by leaps and bounds but other times I feel like i'm backsliding.
In any event I appreciate the encouragement. :)
[FONT=Arial]Champane taste and caviar dreams will leave you broke every time![/FONT] :cool:
# 3
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
03/11/2005 1:33 am
Hiya, if your learning on an Electric guitar, you might not realize that the string lengths have to be adjusted, if this is not "set up' properly the physics of the guitar will not be correct and will never sound nice:
To set it you up will need a 'plug in' guitar tuner preferably with a needle display - here's what to do:-

Tune the bottom E string to E with the needle in the middle, then on the same string press on the twelth fret[ a higher E} - if the needle is not in the middle the string will have to shortened or lengthened by turning the adjusting screw on the back of the bridge, then tune to open E again and repeat the process - when the Open E and the Twelth fret E are both bringing the needle to the middle the string length is correct.
Repeat this process for the rest of the strings - As a general rule the Bottom[Bass} E is the longest string and the top E is the shortest - When set up correctly your Guitar will literally 'Sing' - Happy Playing.Graham
[email]Gray.F@blueyonder.co.uk[/email]
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 4
joshers
joshers
03/11/2005 1:49 am
Originally Posted by: spiritinthesky2Ok, So I know some chords and a bunch of riffs but I can't seem to put it all together. Even playing with the tracks in the Jam section of the site I just cant seem to bring it together. I know I've only been playing for about 9 months but I was hoping to at least kinda sound like I was playing music by now, Instead of just a bunch of broken up chords and riffs.
Any suggestions?

one tip from me to you, give playing and practice a break every now and then. i noticed it'll give your brain and body a much needed rest, both physically and mentally. when you get on the guitar after the break, you'll noticed things differently and be able to do things.

break doesn't have to be long, maybe a day or so.
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/11/2005 1:54 am
Originally Posted by: spiritinthesky2It just gets frustrating as hell sometimes

Hear, hear.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 6
spiritinthesky2
High Bandwidth
spiritinthesky2
High Bandwidth
03/11/2005 3:51 pm
WOW, so the break thing is real. I noticed after not having time for two days that when I picked it back up It felf almost easier to play or something. Then I wrote it off thinking it was all in my head.
Thanx for all the encouragement guys.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.