getting a new amp

Portis_26
Portis_26
03/08/2005 3:44 am
ive been playing guitar for a little over two months now and im hooked. So now im upgrading my stuff. I just got a rg350dx and now i want to get a new amp to go along with it. THe amp i have now is a 7watt yamaha with only treble/bass controls (besides volume and clean or distortion). I would like a better amp with better tone that has more effects that can compliment my new guitar. Ive looked online, i picked out the fender frontman II 15R, but im not too sure what i should be looking for. Anyone have any suggestions on what i should get around the $100 price range? thanks for the help.
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/08/2005 4:47 pm
While I have no experience with this amp, I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Roland Cube 15

Or you could save a little more and get this
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
matteo1
matteo1
03/08/2005 4:52 pm
Hello Portis 26,

I would say invest in something more expensive. If something is more expensive you obviously get a better quality and tone, and then when it comes time to selling it you can get back a decent amount of money. I have an expensive taste and i hate playing on crappy gear. So maybe you dont agree with me, but i also find that playing on inexpensive guitars and amps is not conducive to learning guitar and can be frustrating. You definately need a new amp for your RG350DX but maybe you should save more money to buy something better than a frontman. I dont know any amps in that price range, but if you are a beginner i would say a frontman is fine, as i also started on one myself.
# 3
matteo1
matteo1
03/08/2005 4:57 pm
also...look at the marshall mg series, theres a couple in that price range. i would think that anything in this price range will not have huge differences. the sounds will basically be the same, id honostly just look for the best deal unless you go more expensive
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.