View post (Stairway to Heaven)

View thread

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
04/07/2001 1:59 am
seems like everyone is having this problem. i hate rap with a passion. it's one of the lowest forms of music (if you can call it music) besides disco. it's amazing to me that people can listen to all that crap, its just talking with an electronic drum beat in the backround. whatever happened to artists with talent, what i mean is that any person who can rhyme suck and f*** can make it big. i don't mean to say there are no artists today without talent, i'm just stating the fact that all you have to do to make it big is be able to talk.
anyways, good luck with stairway, its the greatest song of all time, and the reason i play guitar with passion, i haven't quite got everything, i just need a few more tricks in the solo, but it is tough. i respect anyone who plays that, it is the ultimate song, well, good luck, and rock on
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By