free recording?

Portis_26
Portis_26
03/02/2005 4:12 am
i was wondering if there is any free recording software out there. my comp came with something but it only records for 60 seconds max. i know if there is it will be really crappy quality, but i just want something where i can record an entire song without paying money.
# 1
Hamberg
Hamberg
03/02/2005 6:42 am
i dont know about free man. I do know that you can get a digital 4 track with a build in drum machine for 200-300 dollars. It has an effect that make a guitar sound like a bass as well. The model number is BR-532 and i think its made by boss.

Or, one thing I used to do before i knew what a 4 track was....

Got a cheap casset recorder with an external mic. Recorded a track on it while playing through my amp. I then took the tape out of it and put it into a tape deck with loud speakers. Also I put a new casset tape in the tape recorder (with the external mic.) I would hit record on the tape recorder and hit play on the tape deck, and then play the second guitar part along with the recorded part.

It sounds very poor quality but you can hear how the notes interact. You can also hear how the rhythm interacts if you use a metranome.
Bass guitar is the answer to everything
# 2
Aurel
Aurel
03/05/2005 11:05 pm
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/QuartzAudioMasterFreeware/

This little freeware tool works pretty well. I used it last year befor buying Sound forge. Check it out.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.