View post (Leave me)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
02/21/2005 3:51 pm
Originally Posted by: crazywolfOk.....I can see the view that "oh, I don't like this song cuz its too cliche." (I'm talking more in general than this specific thread, but it still applies.) Ya, I'll admit, that is a turn off. The thing I don't quite get is why? We write about things going on in our lifes, our emotions, etc... If something is going on in my life that is concidered cliche, like a break-up or falling in love, should I not write about it? Is it to cliche for me to even have a gf or fall in love?

*I'm being a little sarcastic in case you couldn't tell.

You have a point, but I think it also matters how you say what you're saying. If you just come out shouting at me that you're angry, life sucks, yada yada yada, " I'm not a perfect person..."( who the F doesn't know that?), etc, it becomes boring, and yes, a put off. Lately I've been hearing a lot of youngster bands (no offence directed at youngsters, don't start) going on about how life sucks and stuff, with songs predictably going at some BPM around 120 (I think, I haven't actually timed them), and it's really really eye-roll material.