View post (Noise, noise, noise)

View thread

Hankyaku
Hankyaku
02/14/2005 8:53 pm
I tried a switch power supply which does not pick up any noise, but it had no effect.

I have long time experiences with electron emitting displays. I changed my pc display to a TFT monitor. It has practically no electric emission. (I tested my gear a lot with an ordinary television - THAT was really like a vacuum cleaner.) So no sources like that.

This shielding sounds like a good idea. However I don't really have an idea how to do it. Should I place a simple metal plate onto the interior of the plate covering the electronics?

Well the funny thing is that before using this wah pedal, the noise wasn't really an issue. It simply wasn't too disturbing. So I didn't really care for the noise sources. I have a noise gate in my effect, but it affects this kinda noise only on the highest level - there it nearly cancels even the "normal" guitar sounds.

Moving around sounds good, but honestly I like sitting in front of my PC during practice. There I can control the backgrounds, drums, basses, etc.

My next idea is that my cable isn't very good. It may act as antennae... Or at least something HAS to work as antennae, since I get radio chatter!

Thanks for the advices!