View post (Hold your horsies!!)

View thread

SteelSlider
SteelSlider
07/04/2001 11:18 am
The band I'm with now has been together for twelve years. Most of the guys have done recordings, either their own or studio. Now, we only play because of our love for music, and we play at local clubs, festivels and once in a while open for some local recording group in our area.
I've been playing guitar for forty two years, and I still practice five hours a day. It's my job, most jobs are 8 to 10 hours a day.
As a band, we practice once every two weeks. But in the mean time, I'm with the keyboardist for a few days. Then I'm with the drummer and back up sings for a day or two, then I'm with the bassist and lead singers for a few days. And in that mean time, those other people are meeting seperatly from me.
Here's how we do it.
We have two portable recording/mixing machines. The Roland VS840GX. We tape our practice sessions so each person in that session has a zip disk. We add to it in the next session. It sounds complicated, but it works for us.
I don't know how old your band is, or its memember, or how good you guys are, but some arrangement should be made for some of you guys to get together more often. It will only improve the over all preformance of the group as a whole.
Keep in touch and pass on what took place in that session with the guys who weren't there. Your a team, a band, ya can't make it if ya leave someone out.

Slidin' on.