Where or How can I find new inspiration?

eddyg
eddyg
02/10/2005 9:46 pm
I remember when I started playing (3yrs ago). I loved playing my guitar making new stuff, experimenting, always having new ideas, and just having fun.

But lately it seems boring like it feels that everything has been done or heard.
when Im playing I cannt find no exciment as i use too in the old days. NOTHING seems to give me inspiration the way it use too. And come up with new ideas....

Im sure some or most of you has felt the way on some days, that just couldnt wait to get home and grab your guitar and start jamming out,
Because you had an idea for a song. makes me ask myself if im a musician or just a wanna be one......

>>>if that makes any sense to any one<<<
Give me some tips Im getting desperate and discourage........!!! :(
# 1
ake
ake
02/11/2005 1:25 am
I'm not a guru on this subject but its happened to me many times. I just usually go to the music store or catalog or friend and get another instrument to play or learn. Playing the sax has expanded my musicianship into another dimension that I never dreamed possible. Playing slide for awhile is another good way toget out of a rut. I had a famous flaminco player tell me once that all the riffs have all been played; BUT NOT BY YOU. I didn't play any music once for a year. I went fishin. There are many cool things to do besides playin guitar; I cant think of any right now though.

Guitars save lives!!

If music be the food of love; play on. Shakespear
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power;we will know peace" J. Hendrix
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/11/2005 1:41 am
Please only post messages one, it saves much confusion.

Im going to close this one and leave the other open.

For anyone interested it can be found here:

http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=97583
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.