View post (Band Name)

View thread

paradyme
paradyme
02/07/2005 9:12 pm
Originally Posted by: guitarchick88Lol thanks guys! This is a lot harder than I thought it would be because its so hard to find girls that actually wanna play and make it work. Most of them are a little more interested in how they're gonna look on stage and dont really know what a band is . Lol oh well.... i'm starting to think maybe i should mix it up instead of having just a chick band. What do you think ?
Thnx for all your input!!

I would say this- if you set prerequisites for who can be in the band, you limit the ability to find a mixture of people who have the perfect chemistry to make the sound you want. I would say this: find people who have ability and desire to make good music, and who you can grow with as an artist. Picking a band mate for anything beyond their musical ability/attitude/outlook is like dating someone just for looks- sure getting seen in public with a total hottie is sweet, but if they're a pain in the butt, you're getting nowhere, and what's the point of that?

If people are sweatin weather or not they'll look good on stage, that's the exact opposite of what I would want to be in a band with- people like that tend to be ego driven and will either hog the spotlight and never give someone else a chance to shine, or just be a pain in the butt, which you don't need in a band. I once played with what I thought was the biggest ego on human record, and F him.

So um yeah... man I need coffee... hope that helps at least a little.
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rich get richer til the poor get educated.[/FONT]
-Sage Francis