Ray Charles

ranma187
ranma187
02/04/2005 3:45 pm
i just saw the movie about ray charles yesterday. i loved it! good acting and compelling story. that guy turned all the crap he had to deal with into a success. amazing i encourage any musician to see it. i don't care if your into angst, hip-hop,metal,classical or whatever this movie will inspire you.
# 1
paradyme
paradyme
02/04/2005 11:42 pm
Originally Posted by: ranma187i just saw the movie about ray charles yesterday. i loved it! good acting and compelling story. that guy turned all the crap he had to deal with into a success. amazing i encourage any musician to see it. i don't care if your into angst, hip-hop,metal,classical or whatever this movie will inspire you.

jamie foxx did an amazing job in that movie- there's a movie about Johnny Cash coming out this year too- should be good. Ray was an amazing story though.
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rich get richer til the poor get educated.[/FONT]
-Sage Francis
# 2
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
02/05/2005 4:52 am
that movie was great....one scene that hit me was when he told ray that he played other peoples music well but he had to be original in order to make it big and thats what he did with his music.....i hope jamie foxx wins that oscar but morgan freeman might win for million dollar baby so i dont think ya can have 2 black ppl winning in one nite....lol (joke)...ray is a great movie though
# 3
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
02/06/2005 5:08 am
Originally Posted by: paradymejamie foxx did an amazing job in that movie- there's a movie about Johnny Cash coming out this year too- should be good. Ray was an amazing story though.

my god, CASH now thats a blue collared musician!
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 4
guitarchick88
guitarchick88
02/07/2005 9:13 pm
Hey,
I thought that movie was awesome! I know a lot of people who had to deal with stupid drug stuff and its awesome to see that he came out of it and got his family back... I had no respect for him in the beginning when he was just cheating and crap like that but I guess that was part of the road for him. He had a very unhappy life but he dealt with it and he's an amazing pianist and songwriter. I think it was a good idea to make that movie because not a lot of people know very much about him except for that he he was blind.
Good movie!
Guitarchick
# 5
paradyme
paradyme
02/07/2005 9:19 pm
Originally Posted by: Poleramy god, CASH now thats a blue collared musician!

Without a doubt. Johnny Cash is the man! I so regret the fact that I never got to see him before he died, but what a towering figure. ABsolute lyrical genius there.

If you read his autobiography, he's hilarious too.
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rich get richer til the poor get educated.[/FONT]
-Sage Francis
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.