Thinking twice about my purchase...

Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
02/03/2005 11:11 pm
Okay, i just got a new Fender Pro Jr. and i love the way it sounds clean. I got a Rocktron Silver Dragon distortion pedal lto use with it for playing rock and metal. But the amp sounds weak with the pedal! Palm muting sounds TERRIBLE and thats the biggest problem. Is it the 10" speaker thats giving me problems or do you think i just need some kind of EQ to fix it (Pro Jr. only has a volume and tone knob). I'm not playing real loud, just around the apartment, but if the speaker is the problem, i may return it for a BLues Jr....HELP ME!
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
02/04/2005 1:01 am
Almost any kind of outboard pedal will weaken the sound of the amp. With a tube amp the best kind of overdrive is natural which means you have to crank it. The blues junior would have been a better buy, and I think it comes with Reverb, which helps.

Another problem could be the speaker...your trying to play through one 10" speaker what most guys play through a 4X12 cab.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
02/04/2005 4:14 am
Originally Posted by: Tele MasterAlmost any kind of outboard pedal will weaken the sound of the amp. With a tube amp the best kind of overdrive is natural which means you have to crank it. The blues junior would have been a better buy, and I think it comes with Reverb, which helps.

Another problem could be the speaker...your trying to play through one 10" speaker what most guys play through a 4X12 cab.

Reverb isn't the biggest deal to me cuz i don't use it much anyways. I realize that most guys that are playing ON STAGE or WITH A BAND are playing through a 4x12, but it's not like it isnt possible to achieve a good metal tone at apartment volumes...It sounds great when im not palm muting, but when i do it just doesnt sound right. Maybe i need an EQ to sccop the mids out a little?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.