how to write lyrics

Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/15/2005 10:18 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraYou did what to me? :confused:

Trumped you!!!

Which means like, I did better than you. I trumped your effort.

v. trumped, trumpĀ·ing, trumps
v. tr.
Games. To take (a card or trick) with a trump.
To get the better of (an adversary or competitor, for example) by using a crucial, often hidden resource.

:p
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 1
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
02/16/2005 4:47 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartRancid is a really good band with fun lyrics and a killer bassist.

And you know the reason the bassist is awesome, (well aside from the years he has practiced his bass) he was in Operation Ive, probably one of, if not the greatest punk band ever. Matt Freaman (bass) and Tim Armstrong aka Lint (guitar) joined the band Rancid after OpIvy broke up in '88. OpIvy was crazy, they were the first "hybrid" ska/punk band.

So, back to the topic, music writing. If you can write decent lyrics, and are fairly musical, writing songs shouldn't be too hard. Notice I said shouldn't instead of aren't. It's different for everyone. One thing you might wasnt to do is to listen closely to other punk music to kind of "see" what they are doing. I'm not saying to copy them or not make your own music, but listening to what others have done can sometimes help you out. Something that I do is to have the beat or rythem I want the music to have in my head and match the lyrics to that beat when I write them. Having your guitat out when you write lyrics also helps. The only thing you have to do is match the lyrics up with the rythem of the music and you have yourself a song.
1 Peter 2:16
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.