View post (Depression...)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/04/2005 5:06 am
Originally Posted by: Hammurabi... With how many depressed guitarists there are one would think the blues would make a big comeback.
[font=trebuchet ms]Well, yeah, The Blues is where I live now, but ya gotta see that it ain't all angst and bitterness. The Blues is about a realistic approach to life. Where pop music says **** like "I love my lady and I know we're gonna be happy together forever!", The Blues says things like "I don't really know how long we've got, but right now, it's real good". Blues is about feeling, and expressing those feelings in as real and honest a way as possible.

And when somebody does ya dirty, but you don't care cause you know they're gonna get the same back from somebody somewhere;

or you just stumbled onto a good thing and you were able to recognise it quick enough to hold onto it;

or you just had this flash outa nowhere that showed you the joy that friendships bring into your life;

then The Blues is there to help you express it.

I can play metal that just peels the paint off the walls, because it's about anger, and savagery, power without civility, fear, loathing, and evil run amok.
And I don't wanna live there.

I can play jazz that's got enough bop to make you start dancin' while you're still in your chair, and stuff that fairly drips sophistication,
but that only covers a small part of the spectrum.

The Blues is life, in all it's squalid glory.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons