View post (greetings and salutations)

View thread

paradyme
paradyme
02/02/2005 8:52 pm
Originally Posted by: Lori_BI was thinking the same thing :)

As far as what I am into: Well, I started out playing only classical but recently have been playing a bit of rhythm for a couple of contemporary christian groups. One of which is going to be in the studio this march to put out a CD that is going to have all the proceeds go to a battered women's shelter. I'm also involved in a prison music ministry... On the side I have been jammin with a local guy who plays bluegrass and blues and I must say that has been quite cool and has really helped me get a feel for other styles... I don't really think I will continue to just play rhythm but it has been good for me to learn how to play with a group.... I am not sure what avenue I am going to take with my music and I don't want to limit myself to one style as I had before but I would definately say that I am really enjoying the blues.

That's really cool- socially conscious and sounds pretty sweet as well. The only danger I would warn of is that once you play the blues, it will always come through your music. Not that it's a bad thing- my playing is very blues influenced.
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rich get richer til the poor get educated.[/FONT]
-Sage Francis