Another Stupid

Hamberg
Hamberg
02/01/2005 2:30 am
Is the pattern for voicing I IV V always major chords, and II III VI VII always minor chords in a major key?
Bass guitar is the answer to everything
# 1
Kutzki
Kutzki
02/01/2005 6:05 am
yo whoever answers Hambergs question, please point me to the beginners beginners level of theory cus i dono what the heck is goin on
i basically know what notes i am playin thats about it! :cool:

Sorry i couldnt help ya Hamberg i tried even learnen some to answer but its just foncused me :confused:
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 2
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
02/02/2005 11:13 pm
Yeah, except VII which is diminished.

The first thing to know about theory is how to structure chords. Just use the search option on the page, search for chords of the major scale. You should get several posts, then just check them. If you apply what is being said, you'll get it. Just reading about doesn't help too much.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 3
Lava_Monster
Lava_Monster
02/03/2005 8:41 pm
I usually say the first thing you gotta learn about music theory are the rudements. Time signatures, tempo, notes, and then you move to intervals then chord structure.

Anyway, it's more like this

I ii iii IV V vi viidim

The captial ones are major the smaller one are minor. Never write III unless you really mean the 3rd chord is major. A lot people will think you went to the relative minor of your major and you start confusing people. So it's good practice to remember captals are major lower-case minor. the 7th in a major is dimisned and the 2nd in a minor is dimished.
I can't help it. When I get an idea that excites me it's as if I can't breath unless I make it real.
-Steve Vai
# 4
Hamberg
Hamberg
02/05/2005 8:00 am
the voice of each chord is different in the relative minor key as opposed to the Major?
Bass guitar is the answer to everything
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/05/2005 9:42 am
Originally Posted by: Hambergthe voice of each chord is different in the relative minor key as opposed to the Major?

Well, depends on how you define that. In Cmajor and Aminor (relative major and minors) the C chord is a major chord in both keys, also the G and F are major. E, A and D are minor, and B is diminished. However, in Am, the Gmaj chord is the VII, whereas in Cmajor it is the V.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 6
Lava_Monster
Lava_Monster
02/05/2005 12:26 pm
Well, in the relative natural minor the same chords that are major in the major scale are still major and the the minors are still minors. Only Difference is where the tonic is.

i iidim III iv v VI VII i

a b C d e F G a
Something like that

major :

I ii iii IV V vi viidim

C d e F G a b

Basically the nature minor starts on the 6th note of a major scale and goes onwards. Here is my picture =D

C d e F G A b
I ii iii IV V |vi vii dim|
| i iidim |III iv v VI VII i
a b C d e F G a
I can't help it. When I get an idea that excites me it's as if I can't breath unless I make it real.
-Steve Vai
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.