View post (Could it be?!)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/07/2005 2:45 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_Rose
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovWhy bother?

You're doing a fine job of it all by yourself.[/QUOTE]
Great contribution! Thats up there in the all time great come backs, along with the classic "I know you are, but what am I" when someone calls you a name :p

No wonder Lordathestrings has such a high post count.. its all spam![/QUOTE]
1). I am not responding to something you said to me, therefore it is not a comeback.

2). I can think of very few Lordathestrings posts that are not at least somewhat informative. If nothing else, he's probably dropped more helpful technical information upon this forum than the rest of us combined.

Originally Posted by: Axl_Rose[QUOTE=Lordathestrings][QUOTE=Axl_Rose]Axl was a control freak... every song had to be perfect or he'd throw a fit and cry.

November Rain, along with many of GnRs later hits, was around before the first album. He was just such a perfectionist that he wouldnt release things unless he was totally happy with them!...
[font=trebuchet ms]Uhh, so why does "Patience" have such sloppy acoustic guitar playing on it? Just for starters...[/font]

Because Patience, and the other acoustic songs on that EP, were released in a hurry to give the fans something to listen to while they worked on the Illusions albums.

3). You can't even keep your story straight in this thread; do you really need for those of us that are so inclined to start digging through the copious amounts of material you've given us in other threads to further prove our assorted points?

I don't think anybody here blames you for being pumped that your favorite band is putting out a new album again. God knows that if I ever found out that Morphine was putting out another album of original material, I'd have to change my pants.

HOWEVER:

• 4/5 of the people responsible for making that band what it was are not even remotely involved with it today -- surely you can understand the healthy skepticism most of us feel towards what is today being called "Guns and Roses."

• I know it's not the case, but I have A LOT of trouble thinking of a thread where you haven't brought up GnR or Velvet Revolver. The "you only talk about Guns n' Roses" crowd does have something of a point that maybe you should consider for a moment or three.

• As much as you may love GnR (and justifiably so), other people can, do, and will hate them with equal justification and vigor. If there is room for your opinion, there has to be room for theirs as well.

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons