View post (Could it be?!)

View thread

paradyme
paradyme
02/05/2005 2:54 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseDid the sex pistols ever get back together after those 2 albums? Were there rumours of such a reunion? My pistols knowledge is limited!

They did, but it was obviously a cash in- after the Great Rock and Roll Swindle (which was also a cash in on nevermind the bollocks), they were dormant for ages- they did a US and UK tour in the summer of like 97 I think- in support of the Filthy Lucre disc they put out (it was done early on the tour and kinda sucked but...) Anyway, even though Glen Matlock is a better bass player than Sid Vicious was (hell my roomate's cat is a better bass player than sid was- that's one groovy cat lemme tell you)... it just wasn't the same. I went with my brother for his birthday- he was a huge Pistols fan, so I saw em too... I was always more into the Clash. Early Clash mind you.

The Pistols weren't new or raw or shocking, so it was kind of neat on one hand to see them, but on the other hand, watching a bunch of 12 year olds in Pantera shirts trying to mosh to it kinda bummed me out.
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rich get richer til the poor get educated.[/FONT]
-Sage Francis