home recording with drums

slashedguitar87
slashedguitar87
01/31/2005 6:20 pm
I do alot of music writing apart from my band, and i record what i write on my home computer. in terms of mixing and layering, i use adobe audition. when it comes to drums though, i have a bit of trouble creating a unique beat and pattern for each song, because i use a loop from a midi keyboard that just has standard fill-ins, beats etc.
Does anyone know of any good software for what i need? ive tried a program called PC drummer, but it doesnt have enough flexability, and not enough drum sounds.
thanx :)
Dont take life too seriously... you'll never get out alive :)
# 1
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/31/2005 9:53 pm
Originally Posted by: slashedguitar87I do alot of music writing apart from my band, and i record what i write on my home computer. in terms of mixing and layering, i use adobe audition. when it comes to drums though, i have a bit of trouble creating a unique beat and pattern for each song, because i use a loop from a midi keyboard that just has standard fill-ins, beats etc.
Does anyone know of any good software for what i need? ive tried a program called PC drummer, but it doesnt have enough flexability, and not enough drum sounds.
thanx :)

Fruity Loops, but takes a bit of skill to use it.

I'd head that direction.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 2
slashedguitar87
slashedguitar87
02/03/2005 5:30 pm
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1Fruity Loops, but takes a bit of skill to use it.

I'd head that direction.

i got fruity loops version 4, but i cant seem to get most of the sounds to play.
it keeps saying that i dont have the right codecs for it, but it wont say which ones i need. any ideas?
Dont take life too seriously... you'll never get out alive :)
# 3
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/03/2005 10:51 pm
Is your fruity loops 'legal'(shhh...I wont tell)?

I'm considering 'drums from Hell' or 'dfh superior'.All the sounds are done on real kits by the drummer from meshuggah.Probly every sound you could ever need,but how you implement them is the key.
Try once,fail twice...
# 4
Re2point0
Re2point0
02/03/2005 11:02 pm
chucklivesoninmyheart- I'm considering 'drums from Hell' or 'dfh superior'.All the sounds are done on real kits by the drummer from meshuggah.Probly every sound you could ever need,but how you implement them is the key.

you'de prolly wanna implement them with fruity loops

if you guys got fruity loops pro 4-5 then you got drumsynth

so thats the best bet

right now I have the origional fruity loops :eek:

but I still can make some sick synth beats :cool:
# 5
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/04/2005 1:30 am
You should have a sequencer like fruity loops inside your adobe audition.

Are you just having trouble making truly unique beats?For intricate drum rolls,fills and special beats/breakdowns it might be good to use your mouse.

The drum sounds could be amazing,but if you can't work with them like you want then they are almost useless.
Try once,fail twice...
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.