practice?

donely
donely
01/31/2005 1:35 am
everytime we talk about going to band practice.. but what actualli does we practice during jamming i wonder?

i know its about coordination.. anymore?

i started a band recently.. and trying to play our original songs without lyrics and singing.. yea i mean instrumental.. but we keep have problems.. the drummer got lost halfway..

any idea how to practice instrumental? thx! :cool:
# 1
Hamberg
Hamberg
01/31/2005 5:51 am
Practice it in sections
Bass guitar is the answer to everything
# 2
Lava_Monster
Lava_Monster
02/05/2005 12:15 am
I know the personality of my band memebers. I know eric is clam and cool and can play a beat to anything. I know matt needs some direction for the bass line. I know alex is a show off when put into a room with people.

Since alex shows off, i usually write the outline of a song with him alone. That way he stays level headed and we get the work done. We add the basses and drummer in next, and have them help mold the song. We edit and perfect and after a good long while we have a kickass song!

Basically all that is about knowing your band mates. Also have a band leader type person. The same person doesn't need to be the leader, but you do need one. Someone brave enough to set a direction but also able to listen to others. The leader doesn't always have to be the same person, but when writing a song you better have someone help molding the group into a working class band.

The only way to solve the drummer problem is have him able to play the whole song without anything else until he can do it in his sleep. Add bass then guitar(s) then vocals!

it works everytime
I can't help it. When I get an idea that excites me it's as if I can't breath unless I make it real.
-Steve Vai
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.