Advertisement

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/29/2005 2:50 am
As I'm sure you've all noticed, we have an interesting variety of banner ads here. While whacking Howard Stern with a frying pan is fun from time to time, probably none of us take them any more seriously than an invitation to get spammed.

However, I noticed one of the "click here to claim your prize" ones today offering an apple mini and the wheels in my head started creaking. I'm willing to fill my junk email account with any amount of s' for a free computer. After all, the company looks legitimate and if it's not an honest offer guitartricks.com would do well to know they were endorsing bs.

I'm thinking an experiment could be appropriate. Would anyone here appreciate it if I tried the offer and kept a journal of the happenings on here from the beginning until when I got the computer or decided it wasn't worth it, or is this not something worth the risk of giving my address and phone number out for?
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/29/2005 3:38 am
Best of luck mate, however one thing you can be sure if is that one way or another they will get there 500 bucks worth !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/29/2005 4:45 am
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonBest of luck mate, however one thing you can be sure of is that one way or another they will get their 500 bucks worth !

Yeah, it is a concern of mine what kind of b-work I would be required to do.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/29/2005 5:37 am
I did some research. Scam.

On one hand their ad is helping keep this place alive. On the other hand it kinda sucks that the best ads whoever runs this site could get are to bad deals.
-A.H.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.