View post (Jimi Hendrix Tribute)

View thread

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
03/27/2001 10:26 pm
it's nice to see people who feel the same way i do about Hendrix. He is the ultimate guitarist. No one is better than him. Alice Cooper once said that "no one is even in the same building as hendrix." i don't want to just repeat what you uguys have already said, but enough can't be said about him. while, he wasn't the person that made me pick up the guitar, he is the one that inspired me to keep goin, to be the best that i can. i saw him on the Woodstock documentary and i can say that i have never seen anything that spectacular in my life, and his Star Spangeled is the greatest display of guitar work and talent ever. it is a shame that he died young, but the fact that he did so much is such a short period of time enhances the fact that he is so great. he is god

To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By