View post (Help! Need input on an Ibanez RG321!)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
01/22/2005 2:54 am
Thank you both for your input. Yes, I agree a guitar should be road tested, but the RG321 isn't available anywhere for me to try, but the specs pretty much match the Ibanez I returned- quite frankly, ALL the RG models felt the same, and, for the most part, even sounded the same. I was in a Guitar Center store (kind of like a Toys R Us for guitars) and the salesman knew I was prepared to spend some serious money, so the set me up in a private room, and I tried 'em all on the same Marshall. Tried the GSA60 too, and that was on my short list; I think I didn't like the neck.

Akira: thanks for the link. I actually tried that guitar. The maple neck kinda threw me off since I was playing on rosewood since Xmas. Good catch on finding every spec I noted! I'm just obsessed with the RG models now- cool looking, fast neck, makes me just want to rock. pickups are kinda weak. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I just hope the 321 doesn't feel like a toy, cuz all roads seem to lead me back to that guitar. I've found on the Ibanez site higher end RGs with everything I want, but they're just not available. Oh, well- I've found some online sites with a 45-60 day return policy.

Thanks again for your input, and apologies for such a long post. You'll see in time I'm a real windbag.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)