View post (Help! Need input on an Ibanez RG321!)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
01/21/2005 6:08 am
I posted in Gear, but got no responses. I've been playing over 30 yrs. but been on a 15 yr. break. Wife got me an Ibanez with a Floyd bridge. Returned it. But I LOVE the look and feel of the Ibanez necks. I'm normally a Fender guy, but I want something crunchier. I've tried out about 30 different Ibanez models, but none quite felt like the RG320 I had, then I found online RG321.

It has what I want: fixed bridge, no string locks, 24 frets. My concerns are mainly, it's so cheap! About $240 online. I know that cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad quality, but I'd like to know if anyone out there has this guitar, or knows enough to educate me about it; the good, bad, or ugly. I have to admit I'm sticking with the RG line cuz the guitar just looks...sexy, lol. Must be a mid-life crisis (just turned 47 yesterday). I can afford lots more (well to about a grand), but for some reason I keep coming back to to this particular model. Input would be much appreciated!
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)