View post (joining a band)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/19/2005 11:29 pm
Originally Posted by: Christoph3 acoustics, eh? That seems like a bit of overkill. Usually with bands like that it just sounds like a muddy mess, unless of course you have a soundman who knows what he's doing.

What they probably want you to do is hang back on the verses, and then come in on the choruses with some powerchords and riffs. What I like to do in bands like that is keep it on the clean patch on the verses, and do some chording and small fills. Then on the chorus or wherever the song picks up, come ripping in with massive distortion. :)

yeah 3 acoustics... it does seem like overkill but I'm pretty sure only one is plugged into an amp (the one that is a good player) then again I think only one maybe two of them are acoustic-electrics. then again it isn't that big of a room and only playing for about 30-50 people. and they do have some kind of sound equipment, not sure if anybody ever works it or if they just put it to one setting and left it there.

as for the other thing you said, yes I would have to agree. maybe put my volume pedal to good use! :D
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace