View post (what happind to the good old days)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/12/2005 7:47 am
Originally Posted by: 1791what happind to the songs about rockin out, geting wasted, or just playin
your guitar?...
[font=trebuchet ms]I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but dude the party's over! The best songs tell stories about things you actually do or have done. And it's just not cool anymore to get wasted. So tellin' everyone how much **** you did last night just doesn't make it anymore.

I've been there, n' done that, and at the ripe old age of 52 I can look back and almost remember what happened. But a lot of the people I used to party with aren't around to nostalgize with. Dyin' ****ed up ain't cool. And about the only good thing to come out of the rap-polution that took over the airwaves is the widespread realization that these goofs is all [u]seriously[/u] ****ed-up!

These days people look at Aerosmith and Motely Crue and suddenly the party-hard bunch look like losers.

Back in the day, my homies said that "Reality is for people that can't handle drugs!" :D

We were right about that. What we didn't understand is there's nothing heroic, or even special, about getting wasted. I mean, look up "wasted" in a dictionary. It's more true than dopers want to admit.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons