Bloody Singers!!

killerqueen
killerqueen
04/07/2005 11:02 pm
Originally Posted by: SpeckledJimWell i dont know if this story is full a s**t but i heard that carlos satana had a similar problem over who was going to be lead guitar in one of his bands, so he took the guyout to an alley to have a word with him and then shot him.

now thats the kind of reasoning i like!
Elvis Lives (in my basement)
# 1
Re2point0
Re2point0
04/10/2005 3:42 am
to the dude that started this thread, just be honest with the punk. You should'nt suffer being bored because someone wants to be the credit taker. If after you talk to him about it, he is still a dick. Its not worth being in that band. If your in a band that isnt letting you show your full talent. screw it, its not worth it.

Sometimes its the same with writing lyrics. One guy will write all the lyrics, but another guy in the band might be better, and he wont even look at his lyrics.

Just push your way to what you want, always be open with your band mates.
# 2
Tsmith2870
Tsmith2870
04/14/2005 2:54 pm
Every time I run into a music problem I always ask myself, what would Stevie have done? I live in Muscle Shoals but I can't help but admire what SRV did in Texas! If you don't understand the Muscle Shoals thing then I need not bring up Jackson Hyway.
# 3
killerqueen
killerqueen
04/17/2005 7:59 pm
what would brian boitano do?
Elvis Lives (in my basement)
# 4
UniGTR+
UniGTR+
04/23/2005 1:38 pm

Hey KillerQueen

... Welcome to the land of Rock n' Roll hee-hee ...

On a more serious note, if this chap's not able to play lead, well simply don't let him. Have the dreaded "band meeting" and get this sorted out now once and for all, as it will just get worse. Tell him out straight (diplomatically if possible :-), that he can't actually play lead guitar at this moment in time, and that it's a no-no as far as the band is concerned.

If you are the main guitar-player in the band, and actually can play the stuff required and he can't, well you seem to me to be the obvious choice for the job (apart from many other reasons I can think of).

It's early days yet for a new band such as yourselves, but this sounds to me like a serious case of ego and attitude problem on behalf of the "singer/lead-guitarist". The term "immature" also comes to mind.

If he doesn't agree to the setup, I would suggest to get a new singer. You started the band - take control of it at this stage or you'll run into loads of problems like this. As mentioned in other posts, the band needs to be on the same "wave-length". What do the other members think about it?

There's a lot more to being in a band, than just musical skills (or lack of) - it's just as important, to get on with fellow band-members and respect them etc. I don't see this here in this situation. Giant egos should be left outside the rehearsal-room doors for a start ;-) ...

If he's that good tell 'im he should go out there solo :rolleyes: ...

Good luck wiv' it.

Regards
David

PS As a last resort, there's a shop in Dublin, Ireland called "Knobs and Knockers" where you'll get a good deal on those items you mentioned. I noticed it many years ago and always wanted to mention the tacky shop title in a forum - thanx 4 the opportunity ;-) ...
David Ø
http://www.universal-total-guitar-plus-center.com
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.