View post (The Musicians Guide to College choices)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
01/11/2005 3:05 am
Okay guys, so I've spent alot of time looking around for some nice guitar colleges out there, since I will be going to one. The obvious choice is Berklee (which is most likely where I'll go), but there are many in the field. Please, please, please add any guitar colleges you think are suitable for any musician looking for a further education.

The List-

Berklee College of Music
Tuition: I believe it was $18,000 when i checked
Known as the number one contemporary music college in the country. Modern music's "Julliard", as many call it.

The University of the Arts
Tuition = $23,000 per year
Two words. Jimmy Bruno. This school has some great jazz teachers (Jimmy, Pat Martino, Pat Mercuri, etc) and churns out great jazz players ever year. A very liberal school.

Musicians Institute (GIT)
Tution: Roughly $15,000
This is a guitarist's heaven.

Indiana University- Bloomington School of Music
Tuition:$6800 instate, $26,000 out of state
This is one of the best music schools in the country. It's called "The Factory" and produces many great classical and jazz guitarists (mostly classical though). Not too pricey, but good luck getting in.

That's it for now, i'll update every so often on this, as I feel it's important for anyone who will be going on to get that music education instead of being a lazy-ass poor musician.

~Incidents