Hi All, good lookin site. :)

Amadhunter
Full Access
Amadhunter
Full Access
01/03/2005 12:13 am
I'm a "work in progress" guitarist. My main focus is Blues, the theory, and equipment it takes to achieve the sound/tone that will satisfy me. My favorite guitarists are: Ry Cooder, Lightnin Johnson, Robert Johnson, BB King, Albert King, Eric Clapton, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.
I am from Louisiana, very close to some great bluesmen origins. :)
If I can, I'd like to post a couple of pics of my current gear, a Washburn HB35, Mex. Strat, Roland Cube15, Gibson Goldtone 15RV, a Digitech 'Screamin Blues' pedal, and a Fender inline chromatic tuner. :) Any observations, views, on the gear is greatly appreciated! :)
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/03/2005 3:14 am
Welcome to GT! That's some good looking gear you've got there. Hope you enjoy your stay.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
Amadhunter
Full Access
Amadhunter
Full Access
01/03/2005 4:37 am
Thanks PRS,
I appreciate the welcome. :)
# 3
Kutzki
Kutzki
01/03/2005 5:37 am
hey man welcome to the site
the equipment sounds great for blues
i hear the roland cubes are fanominal but never actually played it
i love mex. strats they have a diffrent style to the way the neck takes your fingers
especially for blues very nice dude

Gibson Goldtone 15RV, a Digitech 'Screamin Blues' pedal,Washburn HB35
as for these i dont really know them hehe but i decided to do some research on them all hehe
the washburn i have played very similar guitars to it and its a very rhythme guitar
i mean chuck berry pulled if off as a lead guitarist i guess
anyways as for the Digitech and the goldtone have still no clue about them but sounds good man
and again welcome to the site
theres lots to learn
(not so much blues thou but you can expand a lil)
later dude
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 4
Amadhunter
Full Access
Amadhunter
Full Access
01/04/2005 12:10 am
Thanks all again for the warm welcome.
I did research the amps, the Washburn, and Mex Strat. All got good reviews, and I played em before I bought.
The Digitech pedal, I picked up on the word of the salesman, and the stuff on the Digitech web site. I really don't like it. It's probably because I haven't had it long enough to get to a "sweet spot", but the distortion seems to be either too crunchy, or nothing at all. I got it so I wouldn't have to overdrive the Gibson amp for a little warm distortion. Two points, the Gibson amp is the cleanest amp I've ever played through, (tube amp I mean). It has a full rich sound, and the reverb is room filling! That said, it may be the reason I can't get a good sound out of the Digitech?
# 5
Silimtao
Silimtao
01/04/2005 4:41 am
I'd like to say a "hi" to everyone also. After a long layoff, I'm just starting to play again. I'm an old time rocker/blues guy- started playing about 30+ yrs. ago. Berklee College of Music dropout (KILLED the soul of playing in me; took the time off to forget everything I learned, lol.) Wife bought me a new guitar for Xmas, so I'm feeling really hyped about playing again. Someone mentioned a Roland Cube- I have that, and for a "practice" amp, the little thing really smokes. I love (the late, great) Roy Buchanan. But my favorite guitarist is Santana- something about the tone of his sound really blows me away. Really like Dickey Betts, Duane Allman, and Hendrix is from another galaxy. Like Stevie Ray too, but sometimes there's just too many notes- less can be more. Saw his last NYC performance before his untimely death. Jeff Beck opened for him (most of the kids there didn't even know who he was, lol.) Beck blew Vaughn off the stage. Well, hello, and I hope to be back, but I should be practicing. :D

Something I love bragging about: in about 1971, I saw Led Zeppelin's first Madison Square Garden concert before the Stairway to Heaven album was release; they did Stairway as an encore, and blew the roof off. I was sitting in the 7th row orchestra, and this was my first concert. Man, what a trip! Cost of ticket: $7.50 (if I remember right)!

After 30 yrs. of playing, I'll always be a work in progress; jmho, but I think all players should think of themselves that way- there's always something new to learn. I think this year, I'll FINALLY teach my self "Clap", by Steve Howe, another great guitarist.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 6
alucard0941
alucard0941
01/04/2005 11:32 pm
nice strat man, i wanted that color on my strat, but i ended up gettting a blackie
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 7
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/05/2005 2:16 am
Welcome to the site. You got some nice lookin' gear dude.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 8
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
01/07/2005 3:25 am
Radical change to the site. I'm not sure if I can handle it, I have so many memories of the old one...

~incidents
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.