'Pro' Equipment...

chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
12/27/2004 6:18 pm
If anyone here has ever looked for a band needing a guitarist(or bassist/drummer for that matter)youve no doubt seen the 'must have pro equipment'.

Now I'm sure this means different things to different people,but what is everyones idea of 'pro equipment' or a 'pro rig'...a big rig?A rig that sounds good,but is small?A 'rack' rig?A 'stompbox' rig?

Why I ask is(I had to sell most all my equipment before I moved to florida for $ and space issues),I would like to get a good combo instead of lugging a head and 4x12 and use a 4x12 only as needed.Heres what I had in mind...

A 5150 combo
new guitar(schecter blackjack,Ibanez RG3120 or Gibson Xplorer)
Distortion pedal like a jaques fuse blower(and keep my GNX4 for home)
some type of noise suppresor(like Boss NS2 or Hush super C)

and I almost end there but then think...

Korg rack tuner,wireless system,bbe sonic maximizer,power conditioner e.c.t.

I'm afraid I'm 'missing somthing' without the other extras...

your opinions/ideas?
Try once,fail twice...
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/27/2004 6:50 pm
[font=trebuchet ms]The opinion that counts here is that of the people posting the ad![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/27/2004 7:07 pm
Pro equipment for a guitarist usually means a decent guitar (preferably with a backup guitar just in case), long guitar cables or a wireless unit, an amp powerful enough for clubs, an effects rack or pedal box that won't crap out, a decent microphone with a stand for backup vocals and stage clothing so you don't look like you walked in off the street.
In other words, ready to go on the road without looking like an amateur.

It's also a hint that they want somebody with stage experience who won't freeze up in front of an audience.

ie, one band I joined they gave me one week to get a haircut, find stage clothes and learn 40 songs. By the Monday of the next week I had to take over from the old guitarist without screwing up.
# 3
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
12/27/2004 8:49 pm
Well ta'hell with all that!

I just want to make some damn fine music and have fun playing it!Is there anyway around spending thousands of dollars?I have stage experience(completley comfortable behind my guitar)......I would just like respectable equipment....appearance is pretty much covered(theres not much to death/heavy/black metal attire)

anyway...yeah.guess i'm stuck in stacksville.So much for mic'ing a 1x12 or something.

At least I can set my sights on all my rack gadgets!
Try once,fail twice...
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.